ICD-10 Prep: Assessing Coders' A&P Proficiency
June 9, 2011
Do you want to simplify the transition to ICD-10-PCS? ICD-10 Prep: Assessing Coders’ A&P Proficiency explains the benefits and importance of assessing coders’ strengths and weaknesses in the biomedical sciences prior to ICD-10-PCS training, and provides the methods necessary to carry out assessments. This audio seminar is designed to expedite the learning process during transition by preemptively addressing weaknesses in coding staff.
- Discuss the importance of identifying coders' strengths and weaknesses in the biomedical sciences (A&P, medical terminology, pathophysiology) prior to ICD-10-PCS training
- Describe the relationship between ICD-10-PCS and coders' skills in the biomedical sciences
- Explain the importance of the development of a role-based training plan which includes ICD-10-PCS prep
- Identify methods of assessing coders' strengths and weaknesses in the biomedical sciences
- Review case scenarios illustrating the level of A&P knowledge required for ICD-10-PCS
Who Should Attend
HIM Directors, Coding Managers
Click here for information about attending this audio seminar.
General information about AHIMA audio seminars.
Attending a live seminar: Audio seminars last 90 minutes, beginning at 12:00 noon Central Time. Registrants receive instructions for login at least 24 hours before the live event, along with a link to access the seminar resource book. Recorded formats: In addition to live presentations, AHIMA offers Web replay, audio CD, and MP3 (select audio seminars only) versions, which are available after the live audio seminar has been presented. Click here for details about these formats.